Sunday, January 19, 2014

Runner's they Make the Insane sound like Fun

Runners have a way of making things that are completely insane sound like a lot of fun.  For the past 2 weeks I have been following friends running Dopey at Walt Disney World, the Houston Marathon and Half marathon here at home and The Tinker Bell Half Marathon at Disneyland and I couldn't help but wish I was running with them.

For months now I have thought that anyone who would consider running Dopey (4 races in 4 consecutive days - 5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon for a total of 6 medals) must have been really Dopey.  But after watching race reports and seeing pictures I found myself longing to run Dopey and do all 4 races myself, but not next year.  I think that is a 2 year goal for me.  I'm already registered for the Rock n' Roll full marathon December 7th of this year so running Dopey a month later really would be insane.  So my goal now is to run my full this December and then train for Dopey in 2016.  Wow I really am crazy - not only do I want to do it, I'm planning for a race that is 2 years away.

My current training is going well.  I ran 11.75 miles Saturday at a 12:25 pace.  Not too bad for a long training run.  I even finished up with a little parking garage hill training.  I need to find ways to incorporate hills into my training.  Running in Katy, TX doesn't give a lot of hill opportunities.

I have the Houston Rhythm and Blues Half marathon 3 weeks from today so yesterday was my last long run before the race.  I'll stick to 4-6 mile long runs the next 2 weekends.

I went to the Houston Marathon Expo Friday to check it out.  Marathon Expo's are contagious.  I fortunately was able to pick up an extra pair of my running shoes at 20% discount so I can keep a pair at my desk and stop carrying my shoes back and forth all the time.  Even more exciting than new running shoes was my new sparkle skirt which arrived on Thursday evening.  Sparkle Skirts are so comfortable and yet so much fun to wear at the same time.

Congratulations to everyone who ran at WDW last week and Houston or Disneyland this week.  I'm proud of you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment