Sunday, July 20, 2014

June 8, 2014 - Stanley Park Seawall Run

As I mentioned earlier - I love running on vacation - here is a summary of one of my favorite runs from our Alaska Cruise - The Vancouver Stanley Park Seawall run.


The morning started at 5:30 am when Alice woke up and came into the bedroom.  Considering the time change I was happy she slept until 5:30 am and my alarm was set for 5:45am to get up for my run so I wasn’t going to complain.  I got dressed to go for my run.  I started with my running skirt, short sleeve shirt and long sleeve shirt figuring it was cooler than it was.  I walked outside and it was already warm so I turned around and went back to the room and left the long sleeve shirt behind.  It was a few minutes after 6am when I got started on my run.  I headed out along the seawall towards Stanley Park.

When I got to the park I could see the 2 cruise ships that were in port today arriving.  There was a HAL and Celebrity Cruise ship today.  I continued along the seawall stopping for a few pictures along the way.  The following are some highlights of Stanley Park.  I could have spent a lot of time exploring Stanley Park but I settled for a great run.

Canada Place and 2 ships coming in.
 I finally figured out the proper way to do an Eddie McCoy Selfie :)
 Stanley Park Totem Poles


The 9 O'Clock Gun
Girl in Wet Suit



 Lion's Gate Bridge


 Lighthouse
 Siwash Rock
 Trailhead Markers
 Laughing Guy Statues.  


Success - 9.25 miles in less than 2 hours - perfect long run training pace, especially when you add in picture taking time.  I even got in a little bit of a hill workout.  What a great way to start off a vacation.




No comments:

Post a Comment